Re: rules files

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> On 21 Mar 1999, Jim Pick wrote:
>

> > Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > can someone send or point me to snapshot friendly debian files?
> >
> > If you look at the debian/ directory in the gnome-libs package, you'll
> > see what I've done.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to sufficiently follow through
> > on building the snapshots.  Right now, my priority is getting the
> > Gnome stuff in the staging areas finished off.
> >

> Having used Jim's scripts, I have some thoughts on their strengths and
> weaknesses...
>
> Don't have time to write them down now, but if people want to reopen
> discussion...

I'd like to hear your impressions.

I know they're not perfect.  There are quite a few things I'd do
differently if I had to do them again.

I should make some binary "snapshot" packages with them so that people
can see what they are actually supposed to do.  Unfortunately, I'm
travelling this weekend - so that will have to wait for next week.

Cheers,

 - Jim