Von: Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 1. September 2020 04:19
An: Budweiser Gregor
Cc: debian-snapshot@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Re: debian-ports source packages

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 3:21 PM Budweiser Gregor wrote:

> I'm looking for the powerpc build of nginx-1.14.2-2+deb10u3. I could
> only find nginx-1.14.2-2 (without the deb10u3 "extension"). Does that
> mean the security backports are not available for powerpc? Or maybe the
> security patches are somehow included in the builds?

The unofficial architectures (including powerpc) do not have stable
releases (they only have the unstable/experimental/unreleased suites),
so they do not have any security support. If your hardware supports
ppc64el it would be a good idea to switch to that if you need a stable
release with security support. If your hardware doesn't support
ppc64el I suggest you either upgrade to the unstable suite or rebuild
all Debian security updates for yourself. You might also want to join
the #debian-ports and #debianppc IRC channels and the debian-powerpc
mailing list. Helping out with the unofficial ports is always a good
idea since they usually always need more helpers.

https://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/
ircs://irc.oftc.net/debianppc
ircs://irc.oftc.net/debian-ports
https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=debianppc