Re: Connecting to snapshot.debian.org failed: Connection refused

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your quick answer, time and support.

I guess that if we provide you the source IPs of the servers we are trying to generate the images from would not fix this problem, because it is a problem common to all debian snapshots clients, isn't it?

Thanks again,

Regards,

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 9:43 AM Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2019, Gonzalo Carmona Martínez wrote:

> I am getting connections refused when working against *debian snapshots*.
> This is an example:
> This is run from a server with *Debian 8 Jessie*, and simple-cdd version
> *0.5.0*
>
> The thing is this problem *NEVER* appears when working against Debian
> stable version instead of snapshot version.
>
> Therefore, I think it is not a problem related with the OS/software
> versions, but with Debian blocking my IP for snapshots but not against
> stable.

Unfortunately, you don't mention your IP address.

snapshot is currently not great about dealing with lots of requests, so
clients that ask it lots of things repeatedly bring it down, breaking it
for everybody.  It's not a normal webserver serving static things from a
filesystem.  It's more involved to deal with all the data.

As such, we block clients that appear abusive and take snapshot down
for everyone.  Some blocks are manual, some automatic.

Building CDs or repeatedly building CI images is probably not something
that snapshot can deal with at the moment.

Cheers,
--
                            |  .''`.       ** Debian **
      Peter Palfrader       | : :' :      The  universal
 https://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `'      Operating System

--

Gonzalo Carmona Martínez

Senior DevOps Engineer

AT&T GLOB NET SERV ESPANA S.L.

Av. Constitución 20, Office 204, 18012, Granada, España
m  +34 673 035 608  |
gcarmona@alienvault.com