Re: FW: Accessing snapshot.debian.org packages

On 05/07/2019 18:16, Paul wrote:
On 05/07/2019 10:27 weasel@debian.org wrote,

     Don't overload the DB :)

So I guess pretty much every request to the machine readable interface hits the database. How about if I did something like, make a request, time how long it takes, wait 4 times that before making the next request? Does that seem a reasonable place to start to avoid breaking/abusing the system? No parallel requests, just a single thread, with appropriate retries and backoff in the event of failure.

Hi, just a note to say I finally got around to doing something about this. I have a single thread, making all requests. The requests which hit the database, measure the time taken and wait 4 times longer before continuing. The requests which fetch the actual files don't include any delay but they are all part of the same thread so they aren't running constantly one after another.

The traffic is coming from 2a05:d018:9e8:2100:b079:a49f:6b7a:407b.

If you have any concerns, or need me to stop, please let me know.

Regards,

Paul