Snapshot.debian.org not following HTTP standards reg. ETag

Hello,

While performing requests against http://snapshot.debian.org/, I came across the fact that I can't do cachine using ETag's with my current client. It turns out that the .NET HttpClient enforces the rules set forth by the HTTP spec, which dictates that entity-tag fields should be quoted, as seen in RFC7232 section 2.3.

The snapshots service webserver does not provide quoted ETags. As an example, this URI:
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20081002T000000Z/dists/experimental/Release

Returns this header:
ETag: 24357698cacd5843edee2e4777497f069285ad93

Could this be fixed, so that it follows the standards?

Reference:

StackOverflow reg. .NET HttpClient and ETag:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15906198/c-httpclient-ifmatch-format-requirements

Regard,
Michael Bisbjerg