Re: Debian snapshot.debian.org replica on the Amazon cloud?

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 17:37 +0100, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> Be aware that snapshot includes the old debian-non-US archive, which
> contains things we might not be able to export from the US, once it's
> there.  As such, the data should only be outside of the US if we want to
> link to it freely.

My initial thought was that this stuff would be covered by the
cryptoinmain stuff? I guess we should ask the SPI lawyers though.

http://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain

> It's nice to have the backup, but I'm unsure how to use a backend that
> has that amount of latency.  Ideas welcome.

The idea would be to pull popular files out of glacier automatically
based on traffic stats and do redirects to Amazon only for the files
that we know are online.

--
bye,
pabs