snapshot.d.o backup Was: [snapshot/master] Add a datapoint

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > > +<p>
> > > +Just a quick datapoint: Currently snapshot has about 11 million files in a bit
> > > +over 16 Terabytes of data.
> > > +</p>

> > good size ;)
> > is it backed up anyhow?  it would be pity to loose it

> Well, it exists in two places.  But errors in one might end up affecting
> the other.  We don't have the resources to have backups on top of
> distributing snapshot over two hosts.

Since this is quite a precious resource, may be Debian project could
spend some liquidity for at least a basic backup?

Zack -- we are talking about http://snapshot.debian.org , which
obviously constantly growing in size and IMHO is quite valuable. Would
there be funds for some basic backup solution (consumer grade RAID +
high capacity drives) for the beast?

or may be there is some friendly company (or may be we have among Debian
resources) which could provide such volumes of backup space for
this project (at a reasonable/discounted price)?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences