Re[2]: cut and paste for chinese in x window system

Hello zhaoway,

Saturday, January 22, 2000, 5:36:51 AM, you wrote:

z> I have to admit i'm a newbie on this, and seemes i'm totally wrong here.
z> my original meaning here is that, according to icccm, (it is just too
z> complicated, so i have to reference manuals, not just my coding tests.)
z> the STRING type is encoded in a ISO.... anywyas, i don't know anything
z> here. i'll check back tomorrow, hopefully. (wish i could get a good
z> job today. ;) )

>From Xlib - C language X interface, 16.6:
=== Quote ===
Cut buffers are implemented as properties on the first root
window of the display. The buffers can only contain text,
in the STRING encoding. The text encoding is not changed by
Xlib when fetching or storing. Eight buffers are provided
===End Quote==

It said no change on STRING.

z> (hashao) Whatever cut-n-paste buffer is used is a client
z> (hashao) implementation.  Debian or X does not force any of them.

z> guess that isn't the case. ;) you could read it on ICCCM, that will
z> `definitely be antisocial'. ;) surely xeyes has no need to support
z> cut-n-paste, but i'd bet every people will like to see gimp and
z> netscape and gnumeric and emacs to support cut-n-paste.
z> if it don't, we'd need to fix. IMHO. ;)

Oh, now I read that part. :)

Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@telebot.com

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]