Re: input chinese in Netscape (!= mozilla)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 01:27:12AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> after some dirty and quick hack, now i can input chinese characters
> into Netscape (somewhat, not clean and very rough, not directly indeed,
> i even don't have an Input method here. ;-) no LD_PERLOAD or Xlib hack
> involved, heh. I bet it will be quite fine to be put into Debian.).
>
> but i cannot manage Netscape to display it correctly,
> though if i input in some forms and then post it, it can show up
> as expected, you can see my post example in http://forum.linux.net.cn/
> my id there is `zw'. ;-)
>
> Someone can help me? Thanks! I will post my code snip later after Iclean
> it up and get an IM for it. Idealy I will integrate it with XCIN? ;-)
> i'm not quite familiar with XCIN, and I'm tempated to not write C, but
> Scheme instead. ;-)

XCIN already has the ability to input into Netscape. The Netscape-4.7
is better. Please refer to

http://xcin.linux.org.tw/xcin-2.5/2.5.1/UserGuide.html

search for "Netscape" as the keyword. And then please note for

http://xcin.linux.org.tw/xcin-2.5/2.5.1/FAQ.html

also search for "Netscape" as the keyword. Note that now we only
tested the zh_TW.Big5 locale, and it works fine. But for zh_CN.GB2312
locale we still haven't tested it.

Best Regards,

T.H.Hsieh

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]