HKSCS Font from Arphic

Hello debian-chinese,

  Good news: Chih Wei Huang from CLE just informed me that
When Arphic (ゅ供) Donated TTF fonts with the arphicpl(Arphic
public license), they included a set of HK font with it.

  Bad news: The HK fonts included are for the old HKGCCS(?)
charset with 3049 characters, not the new HKSCS charset
with 4702 characters. Since the HKSCS is backward compatible
with HKGCCS, we have about 1,700 characters short.
Still better than nothing, huh?

Anyway, I put the HKSCS tte font at:
http://members.xoom.com/hardbank/Linux/

Anyone know the detail infomation of the tte font? I think
if we can convert it into stand alone ttf font, it can just
be used as a fontset easily. user defined fonts are handled
in XLocale as normal fonts in X11. I don't see the need of
having a special tte there. In that case, the XLocale for
zh_HK should be modified a little bit more.

Best regards,
 hashao                          mailto:hashao@telebot.com

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]