Re: Big5-HKSCS <-> Unicode gconv module

¡¾ ÔÚ zzzz (˯ħÍËÉ¢£¡) µÄ´ó×÷ÖÐÌáµ½: ¡¿
: ¡¾ ÔÚ thomas@atlas.datexx.com (Thomas Chan) µÄ´ó×÷ÖÐÌáµ½: ¡¿
: : Unless people already have GCCS data converted to Unicode 2.0 + PUA,
: : I don't see the harm in starting right off with HKSCS<->Unicode 3.0 + PUA,
: : and saving the hassle of converting some PUA codepoints to Unicode 3.0's
: : CJK Extension A in the near future.
: Agree.
: : (Plus claim that Linux is among the first to support Unicode 3.0. :)
: That would be a plus :)

But are we absolutely sure that the full HKSCS for ISO 10646 2.0 will be
accepted by ISO?

: : It looks interesting--I think I could learn to use this system.
: That thing (don't want to mention the name to promote non-free software
: here :) claims it to be the chinese input method that has the 'flattest'
: learning curve. But i forsee that i'll be quite popular...

Yes. I'd really like that thing to be open sourced, but it is patent
pending, as it won't just be used on computers .. (don't want to disclose
too much here :x)

To zzzz: The preliminary conversion table for xfs-xtt is at
http://spacehunt.e-fever.dhs.org/xtt/ , however it currently only maps
HKSCS directly onto the PUA, ...
--
¡ù À´Ô´ ¡õ e-Fever BBS £À bbs.e-fever.dhs.org ¡õ [From: bbs.e-fever.dhs.org]

--
[ This mail was originally sent to  debian-chinese@lists.debian.org ]
[ and was forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are ]