Re: Freeze is coming

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 09:40:37AM +0800, Anthony Wong wrote:
> For Debian guides, the translation is not yet completed, so I think it
> won't be included...
>
> For the TTF, if you want them, I can package them. I'm just thinking
> that it's not very 'meaningful' to package a truetype font. As the
> freeze date is not yet fixed, I'll try my best to finish it on time :)

But if they are not packaged, they would not be part of the Debian
system, hence all we have would be the non-free Big5 ttf-twmoe-{kai,sung}
fonts.  I see that the CLE Team has written a utility so a user can easily
install any fonts that he/she already owns (e.g. from Chinese Windows).
We're not there yet.  <sigh>  Oh well.  :-)

Anthony
(who wishes he had more time to work on Debian Chinese)

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada

--
[ This mail was originally sent to debian-chinese@lists.debian.org and was ]
[ forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are also converted ]