Re: [jec@dcs.ed.ac.uk: ANNOUNCE: Xfsft-1.1.7]

Hello hashao!  :-)

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 03:19:23PM +0800, hashao wrote:
> Read:
> http://www.xfree86.org/snapshots/3.9.16/fonts4.html
> BTW, CID keyed font is also supported in 4.0. And I heard a taiwan Font
> company just released a set of TTF font under a license similar to
> GPL. They also plan to release a set of CID font as I heard.
> ftp://linux.tmtc.edu.tw/pub/arphic/

Yes, Anthony Wong and I have been thinking of packaging these four new
Arphic fonts (Big5 and GB, Kaiti and Songti), but is currently either
busy or waiting for the new installxfont script (?) I tried the Songti
GB font under Debian's XFree86 3.3.5 (with xserver-s3 and libxfont
3.3.4-2.0.xtt.1 from Debian-JP), and it works GREAT!  :-) I am having
trouble getting the Big5 font to work though.  Perhaps something still
needs to be done about X-TT or XFree86's locale.  And of course,
zh_CN.GB2312 isn't in glibc2.1 in Debian potato yet AFAIK.  Don't know
if we can get it done before November 1 freeze.

If anyone here doesn't mind working to solve these problems within the
next two weeks, we could certainly use the help!  :-)

Anthony Fok
(who hasn't worked on Debian Chinese for months.  :-)

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada

--
[ This mail was originally sent to debian-chinese@lists.debian.org and was ]
[ forwarded to this list automatically. Big5 characters are also converted ]