Re: which locale? plz clarify me
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: which locale? plz clarify me
- From: Adoal Xu <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 08:28:14 +0800
- Message-id: <37FBE91E306.6A89ADOAL@126.96.36.199>
- In-reply-to: <0TQh1.A.IZE.fz6-3@murphy>
- References: <19991007043731.E1276@asunaro.dhs.org> <0TQh1.A.IZE.fz6-3@murphy>
On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 04:11:59 +0800
Anthony Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 12:54:50AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> |which one to use? plz?
> |zh_CN.GB2312 as found in kde and many more, or
> |zh_CN.EUC as found in TurboLinux-CN, or
> |zh as found in XFree86, or
> |zh_CN and zh_TW like others been found in glibc/locale.alias?
> |and why? which one's debian's prefer? plz clarify me.... sleepy.....
> Currently zh_CN.GB2312 should be the one that's used the most
> extensively in Debian, although there are often problems
> here and there. Personally I'm waiting for the locales support
> in glibc to stablize, as I know they are making a new repertoiremap,
> and so the GB locales may need to be rewritten soon (although I'm
> not 100% sure). I forsee that there'll also be GBK in glibc as
> things proceed.
> As I don't want to rush for a temporary solution, I'm not doing
> much work in improving a better GB environment. I would rather
> look for opportunities to help glibc to achieve what they think as
> the 'right way to do'.
> Of course, anyone who is willing to persue this can send bug reports
> to appropriate developers :)