Re: XML catalog for fontconfig

Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:

> Or, as Ardo & I have briefly discussed off-list, it would make sense
> to have debian host some DTDs (etc.) in some canonical directory.

> Doing so would amount to having valid system identifiers that would
> look something like:
>
> "http://www.debian.org/xml/freedesktop/.../fonts.dtd";
>
> along with an FPI: -//Debian/DTD Fonts Catalog V1.0//EN"

I think it's a great idea.

Why not put them on PURL, and then have that redirect to something we
control really easily, e.g.,
http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/data/xml/...  Or if it's
upstream without a system location, we can provide one until upstream
gets it together.  Using PURL lets us do that with out having to
change the URL.

This way we don't have to pester the www.debian.org guys.

> The reason I suggest this is that the need for such a facility is
> IMO going to continue to grow. (We already have one case with a
> customization of the XML Catalog DTD.) For example, if DDP, or some
> such entity adopts a customization of some version of DocBook, it'd
> be nice to have a real, valid, system id. We might have the same
> need for a Debian namespace(s), eventually.

Also for debiandoc-sgml ?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@debian.org.....<URL:http://www.debian.org/>