Re: sgmltools-lite: Docbook Style Sheet for HTML not found

severity 168573 important
thanks

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 07:24:32PM +0100, Olivier Parisy wrote:
> Package: sgmltools-lite
> Version: 3.0.3.0.cvs.20010909-12
> Severity: grave
> Tags: patch
> Justification: renders package unusable
>
> I must say first that I installed most of the SGML tools I was
> able to found using apt-cache search ; but I didn't hack
> anything in standard files before I got this problem.
>
> After typing
> $ sgmltools --backend=onehtml organisation.sgml
>
> I go this error message :
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/sgmltools", line 93, in ?
>     tool.processFile(curfile)
>   File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/SGMLtools.py", line 235, in processFile
>     dssslfile = utils.findStylesheet(stylesheet, self._aliases)
>   File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/utils.py", line 307, in findStylesheet
>     return findStylesheet(name, aliases)
>   File "/usr/share/sgml/misc/sgmltools/python/utils.py", line 317, in findStylesheet
>     raise IOError, "Couldn't resolve pubid [%s]" % id
> IOError: Couldn't resolve pubid ["-//SGMLtools//DOCUMENT Docbook Style Sheet for HTML//EN"]
>
> (BTW, my SGML file validate properly against "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN")

I'm slightly amazed that this bug report has been open for over a year
now ... Oohara, please respond.

Anyway, I use 'sgmltools -b onehtml' as part of the base-passwd
package's build process, and I've never seen any problems with it. My
document is "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN" (different from that in the
original report, admittedly). Either something in the Debian SGML
catalog toolchain has been fixed - I don't understand that, so can't
comment - or this bug only affects certain DTDs; either way, the bug
isn't grave, so I'm downgrading it as above.

Perhaps somebody on debian-sgml could have a look at this bug and
determine whether it still exists at all?

Thanks,