How to get image sizes correct for print and HTML?

I'm writing course material for a Linux course, and I have screenshots
in the Docbook XML document. Is there a good way to get the images
reasonably sized both for print to PDF via xsltproc and pdflatex and
as HTML for web pages?

I tried

<imagedata fileref="" format=""
           align="" width="160mm" scalefit="1"/>

which works for prints but then images in HTML are scaled too small.

And that 160mm is too wide for some smaller images, so I need to try
printing and then adjust the width for each image. Must be a better way.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI