Re: implementing /usr/share/xml ??

On , January 30, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Mark Johnson <mrj@debian.org> writes:
>
> > FWIW, I'm getting some RedHat 8 CDs soon, after which I'll install it
> > and report back as to whether they implement /usr/share/xml (as well
> > as their xml catalog structure.)

If you've been getting the posts to LSB-xml-sgml[1], you already know
that /usr/share/xml/ has not been implemented by any distro, at least
not as the home for xml resources. (Furthermore, the same old
objections are being resurrected, don't know if I even wanna address
them...)

> You can check that at rpmfind.net, which shows package contents.

I also wanted to see what the catalogs looked like after an install -
can that type of info be grokked from rpmfind.net?

> Based on docbook-xml, no.

That's for sure:)

Thanks,
Mark

[1] https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/lsb-xml-sgml/2003-January/

Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>
Debian XML/SGML     <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81