Re: [DocBook] Does the librairies have to be there...

Adam DiCarlo <aph@debian.org> wrote:

> Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> writes:

[...]

> > A proposal can be to put the librairies in /usr/share/java with
> > the name:
> >
> > docbook-[parser]-[version]-extension.jar
> >
> > (maybe it's too long?)
>
> It is a bit.

;-)

> There are reasons to keep the upstream JAR name, e.g.,
> for XML building scripts that use this.

OK, but they should go to the /usr/share/java/... to find the java
librairies :-)

> OTOH, I agree jarfiles in
> /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/extensions/ should be
> symlinks, and tha the Java shipped with the docbook-xsl package
> should comply with the Debian Java policy.

Well you can also make symlinks with the same name and another symlin
with a more 'compliant' name (according to the java policy).

> Can you file a bug against docbook-xsl outlining the current
> non-compliance?

Well, I collect the informations and fill a bug. I'll CC it to the
debian-java mailing list to get some informations from the java
guru's.

> One might go even further and break out the Java into separate
> packages depending on the processor in question, e.g., a certain
> version of saxon, a certain version of xalan2....

Do the packages aren't separated yet? saxon643.jar, saxon644.jar,
saxon651.jar, saxon65.jar, xalan2.jar? I don't understand, sorry.

The bug is against the «docbook-xml» packages?

Thank you for the great job.

- -- Arnaud Vandyck
<http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/~arnaud/>
<http://www.ulg.ac.be/cgi-bin/ph/search?id=u184137>