new to XML/XSLT - problems with catalogs & Debian

Hi,

Sorry for this newbie question. I'm new to the wonderful world of XML,
XSLT, etc. I'm trying to transform a XHTML document using a simple XSL
stylesheet, but I can't get xalan, sablotron or xsltproc to work. They
all try to get the DTDs from the internet, even if I installed the
w3c-dtd-xhtml package. I figured out it was because those DTD weren't
registered in /etc/xml/catalog. But how do I register them ?

I couldn't understand the update-xmlcatalog syntax, and the man page is
quite difficult to understand for sbody who doesn't understand
everything about catalogs yet.

Could you point me to some docs about this ?

Thank you,

Lucas