Re: xml DOCTYPE and validation question

 Adam DiCarlo <aph@debian.org> écrivait :
  « Graham Wilson <bob@decoy.wox.org> writes:
  «
  « > $ xmllint --noout --valid --catalogs docbook41.xml; echo $?
  « > docbook41.xml:2: error: failed to load external entity "docbook.dtd"
  « > <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1//EN"
      "docbook.dtd">
  « > docbook41.xml:3: validity error: Validation failed: no DTD found !

  [...]

  « > in the case using the docbook41.xml file, setting the system identifier
  « > to a valid url of the docbook 4.1 dtd causes the file to validate
  « > properly. the causes me to think that libxml2 cannot match the public
  « > identifier, and tries to match the system identifier only.
  «
  « Indeed, that would seem to be so.  BTW, I can confirm your findings.
  « It's either my bug (docbook-xml pkg) or else some bizarre xmllint
  « thing, which I doubt.

I don't know if this is relevant but there is no catalog for dtd/xml/4.1
in /etc/sgml, only for dtd/xml/4.1.2.
Nevertheless, psgml in emacs finds the FPI
"-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1//EN"
in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2/docbook.cat
but xmllint doesn't.

--
Philippe Batailler