Re: Debian and OASIS: feedback request

On , February 11, Adam DiCarlo wrote:

> Mark, thanks for bringing this up.

You're welcome. And congratulations for being the first and _only_
respondent:)

> I think the best thing I could do is a common XML and SGML entities
> TC.  There's already XMLCharEnt -- although I couldn't find that --
> anyone know who is managing that now?  This is really already work I
> do for sgml-data, although it should be formalized and more public.
>
> Thoughts on this?

If memory serves me well (which is not often), I believe I heard Norm
refer to that project, as if to lament the fact that it has stalled. I
remember having the sense that it was one of his subprojects - and
that maybe (I may be confusing this with something else...) that he
was waiting for more and better cooperation between other standards
orgs (ISO, IETF, etc.) before they could get any further. But I could
have that latter part wrong.

The best advice I can give you is to ask him directly, Im sure he'll
know all about XMLCharent and any related work. However, I do know
that he's been vacationing in St. Thomas for the last week, so you may
want to give him some time to catch up before inquiring, that is, if you
expect a reasonably tmiely & complete answer.

Hope that helps...

Mark

--
Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>