Re: Debian joning OASIS?

On Monday, March 11, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:07:04AM -0500, Mark Johnson wrote:
> > Because they can't afford it. The members services director informed
> > me that the $1000 membership fee is mostly subsidized by the
> > for-profit members, and doesn't cover the true costs of the
> > membership.
>
> Can we get a detailed budget and fee break-down from this organization
> to verify their logic for charging non-profits the $1000?

Hi Chad,

Feel free to take that on, but please be diplomatic about it.

Let's not get off on the wrong foot with the OASIS people. They're
doing what they can, and they're nice folks.

Understand that they are under no obligation to justify their fees,
and that a request phrased in those terms might truly generate some
bad juju between Debian and OASIS. And I don't want to be a part of
that.

The fact that we freely give away all our stuff doesn't necessarily
imply that we should expect the same from other organizations. Their
universes are quite different.

Cheers,
Mark

--