Re: Debian joining OASIS?

On 03/11/2002 10:07:04 AM Mark Johnson wrote:

>> Because they can't afford it. The members services director
>> informed me that the $1000 membership fee is mostly subsidized
>> by the for-profit members, and doesn't cover the true costs of the
>> membership.

Could you explain what OASIS provides at a true cost of more than $1000 per
member?  After a glance at their website, it appears they discuss documents
and then publish them.

Their work appears somewhat less ambitious than what Debian does, yet
Debian doesn't charge $250 to $1000 per member.

I'm wondering what we'd get that's worth more than $1000.