docbook-website package status?

Mark, I notice a lot of old old old easy to fix bugs in the DocBook
website package.

I'm starting to use this package and the bugs, especially the lack of
the latest upstream version, is cramping my ability to get work done.
Would you welcome an NMU that fixes all open bugs?  Would you prefer a
patch (although providing a patch for the new upstream version is
kinda awkward).

Let me know.  I wish I could volunteer to help you co-maintain that
package.  Maybe that is possible down the road for me, but right now
I'm just trying to struggle to the top of my pile of things to do...