Re: weird docbook xml doctype issue

Joey Hess writes:
> [ I'd appreciate cc's, I didn't think I'm on this list. ]
>
> I used to be able to use:
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1//EN"
>      "dtd/docbook-xml/docbookx.dtd" [
>
> And jade would find the docbook-xml dtd. Now it seems I need:
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.7//EN"
>      "dtd/docbook-xml/3.1.7/docbookx.dtd" [

Joey,

I tested it on my woody system and didn't have a problem either.

Which version of docbook-xml are you using?

I ask because V3.1.7.1 (in stable) has a broken catalog file and
shouldn't be used.

If you upgrade to V4.1.2 this problem will go away -- but you'll also
have to upgrade your docbook sgml package (aka docbook_4.1-0.1.deb).

But if you don't want to deal with upgrades, lemme know. I'll give you a
fixed version of the old V3.1.7.1 package.

On the other hand, if you're having this problem with V4 stuff it is a
mystery. Yep, your catalog file would indeed be helpful.

Mark