purging catalogs the right way

Hi,

While looking into bug #113581 I wondered why the catalog files were not
purged from the prerm script.  I did some further testing and it became
clear the prerm script wasn't called with the "purge" option.  Looking
in the policy (especially section 6.7) confirmed this.  I've got a lot
of the SGML/XML packages installed in one of my chroot environments and
noticed they all had (more or less) the same prerm script with the same
"purge" code.  It looks like some package started with this code and all
the others simply took it over assuming it to be correct.

Today I uploaded sgml-base and debiandoc-sgml with the prerm split into
a prerm with the "remove" and a postrm with the "purge" code.  All the
other packages need to do the same.  It would be nice to have this fixed
before the freeze.  Should I file bug reports?

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij