Re: index generation for html using sgmltools-2

Hi.

In article <[🔎] 391AC26E.8F6B6771@partnersoft.com>,
  at Thu, 11 May 2000 10:23:42 -0400,
    on index generation for html using sgmltools-2 ,
 Paul Reavis <preavis@partnersoft.com> writes:

> Does sgmltools-2's html stylesheet generate indexes? I tried a simple
> example from the docbook guide:
>
> <!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
> <book>
> <title>Animals</title>
> <chapter>
> <title>Big Cats</title>
> <sect1>
> <title>The Tiger</title>
> <para>
> The Tiger<indexterm>
> <primary>Big Cats</primary>
> <secondary>Tigers</secondary>
>   </indexterm>
> is a very large cat indeed.
> </para>
> 	</sect1>
>   </chapter>
> </book>
>
> But no index was generated. Adding in an <index> section seems to just
> work for hand-generated indices. Does sgmltools-2 / docbook-stylesheets
> support this, or do I need to hand-generate my index?

Try "sgml-tools -j '-V %generate-book-toc%' your-sgml-file"

Please check file:///usr/doc/docbook-stylesheets-doc/html/r22.htm
in your Debian system with some web browser.

I have checked "sgml-tools -j '-V %generate-article-toc%' docbook-article"
and it did generate TOC automatically. Maybe %generate-book-toc% will work too.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>