Re: Docbook

>Theorem: for every positive integer N, there is a TeX file which needs N
>passes to be properly processed.
>
>Proof: experience with TeX.
>
>> In the boot-floppies/documentation area I have a kinda
>> elaborate way to invoke TeX -> dvi tools in exactly the right number
>> of times.
>
>Thanks, I'll try it.

Note that if you have n-stable runs of TeX, where n > 2, then my
system will hit the maximum recursion.  By 'n-stable', I mean cases
where the .aux file doesn't settle at all, but rather alternates
between two or more states:

  pdfjadetex foo.tex
        foo.aux = 32104 bytes
  pdfjadetex foo.tex
        foo.aux = 32106 bytes
  pdfjadetex foo.tex
        foo.aux = 32104 bytes
  pdfjadetex foo.tex
        foo.aux = 32106 bytes

I am able to handle the case where n = 2.