Re: sgml-tools: creates invalid texinfo files

(note: please don't you lines longer then 72 characters or so)

Previously Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> - the sgmlsasp program is indeed in the sgml-tools package but it is used
> outside of SGMLtools abilities. The sgml-tools package is here only to
> proceed Linuxdoc documents, not instances of the texinfo.dtd which comes with
> dpkg. (sgmlsasp should really be in a separate package.)

Ardo mentioned something like that already..

> - sgmlsasp works by replacing SGML tags with elements (here Texinfo elements)
> which are found in a mapping file, distributed with dpkg
> (doc/texinfo.texi_mapping). Apparently, sgmlsasp did what it was told to do
> in this file. So, I believe the bug is in dpkg itself.

Yaiks, that sucks. I'm completely clueless with respect to both texinfo
and SGML so this is not something I can fix unfortunately..

Thanks for tracking it down so far!

Wichert.