Error in XML mode catalog parsing

I have a fairly standard XML header for a docbook document.
The document used to work, but now, after upgrading to psgml (1.1.7-1),
psgml refused to parse the catalog anymore, saying that embedded comment
are invalid in XML. That's true (the SGML catalog are made with long
lists of embedded comments) but why isn't working around anymore?
Shouldn't the catalog be a regular SGML (and not necessary XML) files?

BTW, it's work if I replace the header with the SGML DocBook equivalent
(and switching in SGML mode BTW).

Here the header:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD DocBk XML V3.1.3//EN"
	"dtd/docbook-xml/docbookx.dtd">
<article>...

Here the error:
Line 1 in "/usr/lib/sgml/catalog"
Line 0 in article
XML forbids nested comments.; at: /etc/sgml.c

Version of emacs20 is the latest package.

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70