Re: Jade and gcc-2.95

>The current Jade package doesn't compile with gcc 2.95 (our new gcc).

Damn, I was just worrying about this.  What architecture(s) were you
using?

>Is this going to be fixed soon (perhaps with the new OpenJade
>package)?

Uh, uh, uh.  I dunno.  I guess it's up to James Clark, if it truly is
a problem in the code (and not a gcc problem).  I am not a C++ hacker.

>We haven't had a Jade that works for the ARM port since mid-1998 - due
>to buggy toolchain problems.  I'm hopeful that gcc-2.95 will be able
>to successfully compile Jade (and allow me to due proper builds of
>many packages which use SGML documentation).

Yuh, what a PITA.  I dunno if OpenJade would fix this problem or not.
It does conflict/replace/provide jade AFAIK.   However, it is a fork
not a replacement per se.  That is, if jade breaks with new gcc and
James Clark won't fix it, I may have to orphan it.

I'll try to get OpenJade uploaded in the next few days.  I'm pretty
behind on my Debian work right now.

Can you do me a favor and submit an important bug against Jade
regarding compilation problems and include the failed build log?