Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

David Rocher <davroc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> writes:

> the documentation isn't updated. Have a look at the attached .dsl
> (should be part of docbook-stylesheets soon I hope :-).

Hmm.  David, the method you use here is different from what is
commonly used.  You say:

> ;; common customization can go here
>   (define %default-language% "fr")
> <![ %print; [
> ;; customize the print stylesheet here
> ]]>
> <![ %html; [
> ;; customize the html stylesheet here
> ]]>

whereas generally do the following, which is invoked differently
(i.e., 'jade -dmy-stylesheet.dsl\#print').  The attached file is in
the docbook-stylesheets package in
/usr/doc/docbook-stylesheets/examples....

If you can rework basic.dsl to follow this same method, but also have
a common style section, I'd be happy to include it in the package.

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
  <!-- HTML by default -->
  <!ENTITY % html "INCLUDE">
  <!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">

  <![%print;[
    <!ENTITY % html "IGNORE">
    <!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC
        "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
  ]]>

  <![%html;[
     <!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC
        "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
  ]]>
]>

<!-- DSSSL for HTML output goes here  -->

<!-- DSSSL for print output, i.e., TeX, RTF, MIF, goes here  -->

<external-specification id="docbook" document="docbook.dsl">