Re: [USER] DocBook with non-English labels?

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 03:30:41PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> I'm trying to use DocBook (more exactly DocBk) for texts which are not in
> English. Debian packages docbook-stylesheets and docbook-xml (and jade).
> <http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc/custom.html#AEN187> gives a method which
> does not work.

I got it to work (also using the XML version) using the following
mydocbook.dsl. Basically, (define %default-language% "fr") should be all
that's needed.

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY % html "IGNORE">
<![%html;[
<!ENTITY % print "IGNORE">
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML Stylesheet//EN" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
<!ENTITY % print "INCLUDE">
<![%print;[
<!ENTITY docbook.dsl PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook Print Stylesheet//EN" CDATA dsssl>
]]>
]>

;; Common customizations (both print and html)

(define %default-language% "nl")

<![%print;[

;; customize the print stylesheet
(define %paper-type%
  ;; Name of paper type
  "A4")

(define %generate-article-toc%
  ;; Should a Table of Contents be produced for Articles?
  #f)

(define firstterm-bold
  ;; Make FIRSTTERM elements bold?
  #t)

]]>

<![%html;[
;; customize the html stylesheet

(define %html-ext%
  ;; Default extension for HTML output files
  ".html")

(define %root-filename%
  ;; Name for the root HTML document

(define %stylesheet%
  ;; Name of the stylesheet to use
  "docbook.css")

(define %show-comments%
  ;; Display Comment elements?
  #t)

(define %generate-part-titlepage%
  ;; Should a part title page be produced?
  #f)

(define %section-autolabel%
  ;; Are sections enumerated?
  #t)

(define %shade-verbatim%
  ;; Should verbatim environments be shaded?
  #t)

]]>
<external-specification id="docbook" document="docbook.dsl">

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed