Re: A small question

>I do not quite understand why you think that debiandoc-sgml's output is encoded
>in ISOLat1?  The output of debiandoc-sgml is just plain 8-bit stream.  I
>believe nobody can tell what it is.

Well, I don't know for sure, but:

  (a) it's obviously not us-ascii (7bit)
  (b) it could be interpreted as UTF8, but if that was the case, why
would Russian/Japanese not use Unicode too?
  (c) it uses the stock SGML entities we suppy, which are
Unicode/ISOLat1.

Your distinction between Unicode (UTF8) and ISOLat1 is basically
irrelevent, since, as far as I know, for all the character entities
that debiandoc-sgml uses, they are represented identically in both
representations.

I don't understand why you are saying that you *can't* capture the
character '©' but you can capture '[copy  ]'?  Isnt' that the simplest
way to solve things, rather than breaking the rest of the roman
character set languages?

>One more issues (I just made a more throughly look on entities supplied by
>sgml-data.  Why some files provide Unicode equivalents for entities and some
>proprietary SDATA?  Is this by design?

There are none that use SDATA AFAIK.  YOu might be mixing up sgml-data
with some other packages which put stuff in /usr/lib/sgml/entities.