Re: Debian buster: please prepare your service and its dependencies

On Wed, 2019-06-12 at 15:54 -0700, Joseph Herlant wrote:

> I was trying to reproduce the bug that causes ruby-sequel-pg to be out
> of testing but I can't seem reproduce it.
>
> I updated the bug tracker but I believe the issue was in one of its
> dependencies and has been already fixed.
>
> Will change the bug priority if no response from the reporter of if he
> can't reproduce it anymore in a few days.

Thanks. Please note that you will need to convince the release team to
add the package back into testing before 2019-06-25 13:00 UTC, which is
the deadline for unblock requests before the buster release.

UDD uses ruby-sequel and apparently ruby-sequel-pg is also installed
because it makes PostgreSQL SELECT statements much faster, so I think
it would be important to have it in buster so the UDD speed doesn't
degrade, especially if the RC bug was actually fixed.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/30371584-e104-edcf-32cb-5d36682176a5@thykier.net

--
bye,
pabs