Re: A suggestion for the mail service and a question on the Tor onion service

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 10:25 AM, TemTem wrote:

> Hi, first of all, I am unsure if this is the right place to make such
> suggestions like this, so apologies if this isn't the right place to do so.

Somewhat, p

> I noticed in emails I am receiving that the http addresses in all of the
> emails I receive don't have an .onion address.

Which emails are you referring to?

> For the Tor onion service of Debian, why there is no .onion addresses for
> subsites like packages.debian.org? When will those subsites have their Tor
> onion service available?

They haven't been added because it hasn't been worked on yet. I think
the ones that have been added were all easy to add and the rest are
more complicated.

If you want to take a look, the Debian puppet git repository is here:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/dsa-puppet.git/

The onion module is here:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/dsa-puppet.git/tree/modules/onion/

> BTW, I would like to say Debian is the best distro ever. Keep it up guys :)

Thanks, we can always use help if you have some spare time:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

--
bye,