Re: Please update the debian logo of your service

On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 10:02:08PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> El 31/01/16 a las 21:17, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> > So, instead of reverting a manual change in many places, with another
> > manual change in the same places, why don't we take this chance to
> > switch to something that would make things easier if ever, in the
> > future, we need to change the logo in many places at once?
> >
> > Can we have a list of (relatively) stable URLs, with the various kinds /
> > form factors of logos, that are meant to be hotlinked from Debian
> > services?
> >
> > I'll be more happily switch to hotlinking to a www.d.o URL than back to
> > a version of the logo embedded in Debsources and tons of other places.
> >
> > (Of course if the answer is: «good idea, we should do that, but not now»
> > I can do the manual revert and the switch to hotlinking when that's
> > ready. But this seems like a good chance to catch two birds with one
> > stone.)
> >

> The official logos are here:
> https://www.debian.org/logos/
> (from there I got them to put the mourning ribbon).
>
> I suppose that for the usual logo you can hotlink there.
>
> For 'special' logos, maybe we can create a "special" folder under
> www.debian.org/logos and store there the mourning ones, and the future
> ones.

I do not think you get the idea:
popcon.d.o debian logo is a link to
"http://www.debian.org/Pics/openlogo-50.png";
which is a file on www.debian.org.

If this file had been replaced by a black ribbon logo on
then automatically, popcon.d.o would have displayed the black ribbon
logo, without needs for me to do anything, idem when reverting to
the standard logo.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>