Re: Is ddtp.debian.org down?

Quoting Andreas Tille (andreas@an3as.eu):
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 07:22:30PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > > I'm afraid, no. The last time I could access the host was 2013-06-29.
> > > BTW: there haven't been any translation updates (e.g. (1)) since the wheezy
> > > release.
> >

> > DDTP work is still done on ddtp.debian.NET (who had some shaky
> > connection durign the past week(s).
>
> Seems I have missunderstood:
>
>   https://wiki.debian.org/I18n/Sprint2012Report
>
> where I have drawn the information that DSA took over maintenance of
> ddtp.debian.org.  As far as I understood any .debian.org machine is
> maintained by DSA.

ddtp.d.o *is* DSA-maintained.

But this is not the machine from where the DDTP is working. The DDTP
is still working from ddtp.debian.net, aka churro, hosted in
Extremadura.

The 2012 sprint unfortunately couldn't complete the transition to
ddtp.d.o

And, since then, this hasn't been completed either. Martijn van
Oosterhout, whoc took over most DDTP code maintenance, is lacking time
to achieve the work and there wasstill some Apache-related setup bits
in discussion with DSA.

Since then, churro, worked at some moments....and had problems at
others (the Extremadura things were relocated from the Extremadura
region facilities to the University of Extremadura and it took a lot
of time to get churro back online).

Now it seems that churro is down again, which explains why ddtp.d.n

ATM, *both* machines are not answering anymore. ddtp.d.o probably
because, being useless, it has been taken down by DSA. But, this is
purely wild guess of mine.

I'll ping our contacts in Spain again to at least get ddtp.d.n back online.