Re: Idea: centralized spamassassin bayes (SQL) database

Hi,

On Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 18:30:30 +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On 09/11/2011 06:17 PM, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> >i would be interested what other people think about a centralized
> >Spamassassin Bayes Database.
> >
> >We do have several services that use mail heavyly that could profit from
> >a central bayes database. Services that come in mind here:
> >
> >* lists.debian.org
> >* bugs.debian.org
> >* packages.debian.org
> >* packages.qa.debian.org
> >* popcon.debian.org
> >* ddtp.debian.org
> >* vote.debian.org
> >
> >This is only an idea, i didn't yet think about hard about any
> >consequences, thus do not flame me too hard, if you think this is a bad
> >idea.
>
> Maybe it is simpler to set up central mail proxy, that tag the mails
> and forward the mails to the other services.
>
> (Internet) -> antispam.debian.org -> lists|bugs|packages|*.d.o

this is a topic that DSA is already thinking about for a long time.

while the idea is great, the solution to it is rather complex. You will
need to know all existing and non-existing addresses for all debian.org
subdomains on those frontends. While this might work for services with
mostly static addresses, this will not work easily for services with
changing addresses (like bugs.d.o, packages.d.o, ...).

Cheers,
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster