Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium? (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update)

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 05:32:10PM +0200, Odo Poppinger wrote:
I have a beloved P4 Gericom Frontman and I do not want to give it away.

and that's fine, but it's increasingly unreasonable to try to run a modern general purpose OS on hardware that's 20 years old. if the driver is nostalgia, something like freedos may be a better fit, or something like netbsd that makes support for obscure hardware a goal, or just sticking with the original OS. running a suitably stripped-down debian install is possible, but enough work that it's just not the best tool for the job.