Re: CVE-2017-5715

On 23/03/2022 15:41, Leandro Cunha wrote:

Please, take into consideration what is in the link and you can consult through
it about CVE: https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-5715

Leandro,
I've been on this website before I posted with spectre-meltdown-checker
results. I have vulnerable status just like author of this topic. I am
on intel-microcode 3.20210608.2, and by the look of it, this bug
supposed to be fixed in:

"intel-microcode: Some microcode updates to partially adress
CVE-2017-5715 included in 3.20171215.1
Further updates in 3.20180312.1"

So my version of microcode is 3-4 years newer than that.

Is it microcode problem, or spectre-meltdown-checker displaying wrong
information, or something else entirely?

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/