How do you guys handle PNG/JPG binary files with potential payloads for all the image viewers?

how do you guys test all of the potential PNG/JPG potential malware payloads for all of the image viewers (10+ at least in the repositories)?

On #debian at Libera.chat IRC network they suggested it was up to the upstream software sources to I guess....somehow???...test the awful binary formats possible that are out there...? That's a 900%responsibility and 900%dangerous for them to do that. There has got to be something we can do. But who can risk it?