Re: Concerns about Security of packages in Debain OS and the Operating system itself.

> they get one and only one chance to do something that stupid.

So the answer is that we have no way of preventing a developer from intentionally sabotaging a package in any / as many ways as they choose and the only risk to them is losing their uploader access after the fact?

>the response is swift: there was a debian developer wrongfully arrested for running a TOR exit node. their key was revoked immediately.

How was this incident detected?

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 12:07 PM lkcl <luke.leighton@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 7:59 PM Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> You are talking about a deterrent though.  I think the question is,
> what if someone cares more about their political cause than
> retaining their uploader access?

they get one and only one chance to do something that stupid.

> What if someone's keys are compromised

the response is swift: there was a debian developer wrongfully
arrested for running a TOR exit node. their key was revoked
immediately.

l.