Re: amd64 running on Intel Celeron and Pentium? (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 5113-1] firefox-esr security update)

On 13/04/2022 15:57, Michael Stone wrote:

family 15 model 2 is northwood based. no amd64. the best option for that
one is to find a cheap second hand box with a CPU that's only 10 years
old instead of (literally) 20 years old and retire it; those old p4's
were really power hungry, and it shouldn't be hard to find a replacement
for a cost (maybe even free) that will pay for itself in electricity
savings alone.

Ok. Yes indeed these CPUs are so old that I can give away better ones
for free for this fellow Debian user if he is in my country.
CPUs like that I sell on eBay from refurbished computers for almost
zero, just as a hobby, to give it second life. Working on such machine
is impossible apart from passive browsing and text typing.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/