Re: CVE-2017-5715

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 6:18 PM Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:

> On 3/23/22 22:43, Leandro Cunha wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> I want to mention that on the same computer with kernel Debian 5.10.92-2
> >>
> >> spectre-meltdown-checker
> >>
> >> reports that the system is not vulnerable to CVE-2017-5715
> >>
> >> Kind regards
> >> Georgi
> >>

> > This script is reporting an already patched CVE as vulnerable.
>

> Are you sure this behavior on 5.10.103-1 is not some kind of regression?
> What is the evidence that vulnerability is still fixed?
>

> Kind regards
> Georgi

When replying to your email I was aware of the script issue that was reporting
several already resolved CVEs as unresolved. As Salvatore sent the issue link.
But it seems to me that this problem was solved 7 days ago, it would be
interesting if there was an update or a backport to stable.

--
Cheers,
Leandro Cunha