Re: Scripts that run insecurely-downloaded code

https isn´t any more secure than http as long as you do not have a verifiably trustworthy server certificate that you can check for. As we know the certification authority system is totally broken. It is a bug if a build script tries to download something. It must work offline as well. I do not see any way than to rewrite these build scripts and pack all the necessary sources into the package for compiling it offline.