Re: package for security advice

I would suggest that the effort you're asking for is already going in to Debian itself, and that together the maintainers deliver a system that is a reasonable compromise between security and convenience for a general use personal computer. People who want to go beyond that and offer a public service really do need to be expected to learn the vulnerabilities and vectors that apply to the type of service they're running.

There is no blanket security policy that would be able to apply the correct security for every circumstance. Believe me, you wouldn't enjoy running a fully PCI/DOC secured system as your daily driver.

--
Jonathan