Hi,

I might have missed something obvious, but I don't think I understand
how security updates of linux are managed in terms of suites.

On 2019-11-24, due to https://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2019/msg00215.html,
linux was updated to 4.9.189-3+deb9u2 in oldstable.

However, this resulted in a new binary package:
linux-image-4.9.0-11-amd64. The linux-latest source package was not
updated in oldstable-security, so linux-image-amd64=4.9+80+deb9u6 still
depends on linux-image-4.9.0-8-amd64.

Later, on 2020-01-30, linux-latest was updated to 80+deb9u10 in
oldstable.

For systems that rely on normal apt-get (dist-)upgrades, I think that it
means that the kernel was not updated automatically before 2020-01-30.

For systems relying on unattended-upgrades, which only upgrades from
debian-security, it means that they are stuck with
linux-image-4.9.0-8-amd64.

Is that the expected behaviour? Shouldn't linux-latest be updated at the
same time as linux?

Thanks

Lucas