Re: debcheckroot v2.0 released

Am 25.11.19 um 12:35 schrieb Patrick Schleizer:
Yes, forget about NSA and alike. Let's not assume quasi-omnipotent
attackers. That leads to defeatist mindset which isn't productive.

  I would not let myself be defeated easily. Who has thought about emails in your inbox which are deleted before you can see them? Easily doable. They would just need to know your password. Or about outgoing emails which do not reach their target. As far as I have learnt to know it you can see them in the sent folder but they never appear on the other side, not even in the spam-box. The worse thing is however if someone wants to contact you and you do not even know about it, the other one just thinking you did not reply.

  The NSA & 5 Eyes are not just the most omni-potent but also the most-ubiquitous attackers so it should pay off trying to shield against them. There are as much unsuspecting users out there that you can not count. Shouldn´t we motivate them to check their machines? Sometimes it can be as easy as to sport executables in /bin which do not belong there and can normally be found in /usr/bin.